Thursday, June 7, 2012

Tame this Mane - Review of Smooth 'N Shine Semi-Permanent Hair Tamer





Hey My Beautifuls. I hope all is well in your worlds. As a new bzzagent, I had the opportunity to try a new product from Smooth 'N Shine's Semi-Permanent Hair Tamer.





 Now just to inform my loves, I have been natural for 2 years and though I am not going back to relaxing my hair, but my curls are extremely tight (4C) and I would love them just to be looser.
Before Shot



Since I received this product, I decided why not give it a try. For those that may not be familiar with going natural, trying everything under the sun to get the hair to where you want it to be an look like can be a chore ( to say that least). Now , the product states its smooths & controls  with up to 5X less damage than relaxers.  It says after 1 use, you can go to straight look ( with hair dryer and flat iron) and wash& go manageable curls.

1st: You have to shampoo your hair. They suggest using a clarifying shampoo but any will do and you should shampoo your hair twice.

2nd: Put on the protective plastic gloves and begin applying the protein smoothing treatment. You should section  your hair into 4 sections and apply the smoother from nape of neck and then from roots to ends. What worked well for me is applying a little at a time. Believe, there is plenty of smoother in that 4 fl oz tube. Once you have applied to whole head, you leave it on for 25 minutes. Using a wide toothed plastic comb, comb through all the smoother so it reaches every root and ends of your hair

Application..notice how my curls are extended
3rd: After the 25 minutes are up, rinse thoroughly for about 5 to 8 minutes make sure all the smoother is completely gone.  After this step, apply all of step 2 which is the neutralizing milk. They say use ALL OF IT so I did. The milk has to stay on your head for 10 minutes. I found that interesting considering you left the smoother on for 25 minutes but hey, I follow instructions.

Right after rinsing the milk out.

4th: Rinse the milk out completely. That is about 5 to 8 minutes. Once done, towel dry and proceed to style accordingly. They tell you to use a dryer and flatiron to get the straightness that you want but since I did not want straight, I basically used  Extenzz, which is a curl enhancer to show my curls and moisturize and prevent curls from shrinking.

After milk and application of Extenzz.
Overall, I did like the effect only because I love that my curls are not so tight and my hair is fuller and my curly fro is an actual curly fro. My hair felt softer after the Milk but because my hair soaks up moisture like a sponge, I do need to have additional moisture. One thing was they provide was the deep recovery conditioner which was not called for during application so I am going to assume that it can be used the next time you wash your hair.

FYI: they do advise to not wash your hair for three days after application and no wearing of headbands or rubber bands for 48hrs.

If you wish to learn more about becoming a BzzAgent go to Bzzagent

Have a great day beautifuls

BE GORGEOUS. BE WONDERFUL. BE YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment