Tuesday, May 1, 2012

So you are in the Zone...T-zone that is

Hey My Gorgeous Loves. Now I have covered dry and oily but what about my beauties who fall in the middle. You know who you are. You have that T-zone drama going on.. Shiny forehead, shiny nose, shiny chin and then Sahara desert everywhere else.  Combination skin is not fun because you have two things to take care off and may not be able to find the right cleansers to help you effectively.


If you have been reading my posts, you may have noticed I mention lavender A LOT. This is because it is the most wonderful sebum balancing agent there is.  Other great ingredients to look out for are calamine, glycerine, kaolin and algae. Calamine is known to help calm (hehhe) the skin from irritation and soothe. Glycerin softens and moisturizes which is great for your dry areas. Algae can provided needed nourishment and Kaolin is a wonderful clay cleanser. Clays to do help in drying out your oily areas.

Once you have cleansed, of course you know you need to tone your skin. I suggest finding a toner that has lavender. ( See I told you)  It will help balance your moisture needs.

After toning, finding the right moisturizer. Lavender , olive oil, glycerin will work again.


Giving your skin balance and moisture that is so needs.

Also, I will mention.. doing a facial mask once a week can also help get your skin to where you want it to be. Masks that have clay base, Kaolin, talc, calamine are fabulous masks bases to help dry those oily areas and moisturize your sahara ones.

I do hope these skin care posts have helped.

BE GORGEOUS. BE WONDERFUL. BE YOU.

3 comments:

  1. I'm one of those sad tortured souls who has combination skin. Love this post! I didn't know about the lavender and this fun fact makes me more excited about it because I can't get enough of lavender based products!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post hun!!! love the diagram up top!

    ReplyDelete